Sunday, October 08, 2006

Early Sunrise

When you walked up those stairs,
I thought my life would never be the same.
I felt you were the one He gave,
And I tried to get to know your name.

We had fun times together with our friends,
Times I won't forget.
I should've introduced you to my Dad, but that's all past
-- I haven't done that yet.
You're on the island to my east,
We're separated by the sea, like a foggy mist.
If there were someone to marry,
I feel like I know who it will be.

But the heart is deceitful, and feelings lie.
I'm anchored deep in Christ,
On Him I rely
And He will suffice.

He is the Alpha and Omega,
The beginning and the end.
He knows the way I take,
And guides me with His hand.

I know He's in control
The Sovereign Lord of all
He has plans for you and plans for me
Let's just answer His call
To be all He wants us to be.

His grace sustains, not our own strength,
We try and try, but He says
"Trust in Me, I'll carry you through."
Though the road has great length
We can make it, too.

It may not be you and me but definitely,
Christ in you and Christ in me,
We'll be together for all eternity.
In that grand day when the race is won
To hear Him say,
"Well done, good and faithful one."

We rejoice within that great multitude,
The Bride of Christ -- spotless, cleansed, and full of gratitude.
The Bridegroom cometh, hearken to His voice,
In that great union the creation will rejoice.

For what is our life on earth in comparison
To that great wedding day with the Son?
So don't despair, live on for Jesus
Single one, put on your running shoes.
The race is vast, the laborers few,
So let's serve our God with every breath and sinew.
Rest content, find refuge in Him.
You're in the best season, for the gold, swim!

This may never come again,
This hour is your finest,
So move on, give your best!

-RadX

Recommended reading:

No comments: