Monday, June 14, 2010

Wedding Story

That wedding dinner, everything seemed to go well until I arrived – I realized I wasn't on the guest list. Memory gap. I'm a friend of the bride, and I hadn't recalled that she asked me to choose whether I would attend the morning wedding rites and reception, or the dinner programme. It was too late since I didn't show up in the morning, and I had to think fast. Being overseas, I felt the stress. It happened that the wedding coordinator tried to arrange a seat for me. Despite our pleas he placed me at a table – away from my friends. I sat there, made friends with the guy next to me, and even begged the waiter standing there to try to transfer me with my friends – the answer was SORRY, NO. After about 10 minutes the coordinator came to me again and said, “You are being transferred.” I was moved to the table with my friends, and enjoyed the rest of the evening. Then I remembered God's grace. It's not because of our efforts – we've been invited and adopted into His family because He chose to do it. And one day, we will be at His wedding.


"Therefore, as [the] elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering;" - Colossians 3:12


No comments: